Guidelines to Change Netgear Extender Default Password
The security of your Netgear WiFi range extender is really important. This is the reason why Netgear suggests to change the default password for every extender to keep unauthorized access at bay. keep in mind that the default password of your device can put your wireless network in danger. Anyone who knows the model number of your extender won't take much time in figuring out its default password. Keeping this in mind, we recommend you change your Netgear extender default password.
If you don't know how to change the password of your Netgear extender, then don't worry! Our technicians are here to assist you! In this post, we've mentioned step-by-step guidelines that'll help you change the password of your device in a jiffy. So, scroll down and read on
How to Change Netgear Extender Default Password?
Have a look at the steps highlighted below and learn how to change the default password of your WiFi device:
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is well connected to the router.
- Once assured, open up an updated internet browser on your computer.
- Type mywifiext in the URL bar of the internet browser and press Enter.
- You will get redirected to the Netgear extender login page.
- Next, fill in the default username and password of your device in their respective fields.
- Click the Log In button to access the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Head over to the Settings menu and click the Administration option.
- Look for the Set Password option. Once found, enter the password you want your Netgear WiFi extender to have.
- Hit Apply and wait for your changes to get saved.
And, that's it! In this manner, you'll be able to change the Netgear extender default password. In case you come across any issues while trying to do so, then either follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below or get in touch with our experienced experts.
Fixed: Can't Change Netgear Extender Default Password
Facing issues while trying to change your Netgear extender default password? Walk through the below-mentioned steps to get rid of the issue in no time:
Check the Internet Connection
One of the biggest reasons why you aren't able to change the Netgear extender default password is because of a poor internet connection. Therefore, make sure that your WiFi device has access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
If required, call your Internet Service Provider. If the internet issue isn't from his side, then check the connection between your extender and router. Are your devices well connected? No? Well, that's probably because the cable connecting them is worn out. Therefore, replace the cable with a new one.
Update the Firmware
An outdated firmware can also stop you from changing the Netgear extender default password. To troubleshoot the issue, update the firmware of your WiFi device. No idea about how to do that? Relax! Performing Netgear firmware update isn't rocket science. All you need to do is, access the Netgear Genie setup wizard, go to Settings, and hit Firmware Update.
Reboot Your Netgear Extender
If the aforementioned steps didn't work in your favor, then that's because of the presence of technical glitches. In order to get rid of the issue, reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Here are the steps that'll help you in rebooting your WiFi device:
- Unplug your extender from the wall socket and switch it off.
- Disconnect all the WiFi-enabled devices connected to your extender.
- Wait for some time, then plug your extender back into the wall outlet.
- Oh, and don't forget to power on your WiFi device.
Note: You can also reboot your Netgear extender by accessing www.mywifiext.net.
This was all about how to change the Netgear extender default password. We hope that with the help of the guidelines mentioned in this post, you'll easily be able to change the default password of your device. On the off chance if you get stuck at any point while trying to do so, don't hesitate to reach out to our team of experts.