How to Enable Netgear FastLane Technology on N300 Extender?
Want to boost the overall performance of your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender? Well, then it is recommended that you enable Netgear FastLane Technology on your WiFi device. No idea about how to do that? What are we here for? In this post, we've provided step-by-step instructions that'll help you configure FastLane Technology on your extender. So, read on.
What Exactly is Netgear FastLane Technology?
When Netgear N300 extender works in the Internet Surfing mode, it allows devices on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to connect simultaneously. The minute you set up your WiFi range extender in this mode, it extends both WiFi bands but reduces the performance.
On the other hand, after enabling Netgear FastLane Technology via mywifiext.net, the N300 extender offers high-speed WiFi with a dedicated band connecting the extender and WiFi device.The FastLane feature is also perfect for HD video streaming and gaming.
Pro Tip: If your router or devices support only one band from 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, it is advised that you do not enable Netgear FastLane Technology.
Features of Netgear FastLane Technology
- Use the 2.4 GHz band to connect the Netgear N300 extender to your WiFi devices and use the 5 GHz band to connect your home router to the extender. You can make use of this mode if the devices you want to use for gaming support the 5 GHz band and your home router supports the 2.4 GHz band.
- Use the 5 GHz band to connect the Netgear N300 extender to your WiFi devices and use the 2.4 GHz band to connect your home router to the extender. This mode can be used if your router supports the 5 GHz band but the devices you want to use for gaming support the 2.4 GHz band.
How To Enable Netgear FastLane Technology?
Now that you know what exactly FastLane Technology is, follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to enable the feature on your N300 extender:
- Start by switching on your computer and opening a web browser on it.
- You can use any web browser including, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, etc.
- Whatever web browser you choose to use, make sure that it is up-to-date.
- In the address bar of your chosen web browser, type www mywifiext net n300.
- Press Enter.
Enter the Default Admin Details
- Once you hit Enter, Netgear N300 extender login page will come into view.
- Fill in the default username and password of your WiFi extender and click Log In.
- You will get redirected to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
Note: Facing issues while trying to log in to your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender? Well, in that case, we highly advise you get in touch with our technical experts.
Select FastLane Technology
- The Internet Surfing radio button come selected by default.
- Click the Netgear FastLane Technology radio button.
By selecting one of the following radio buttons, select the FastLane Technology option you would like to enable:
1. Device-to-extender in 2.4GHz only and extender-to-router in 5GHz only.
Your home router should support the 5GHz band.
2. Device-to-extender in 5GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4GHz only.
Your WiFi devices should support the 5GHz band.
Click the Apply Option
- Once you are done selecting the FastLane Technology option of your choice, hit Apply.
- In a minute or two, your changes will get saved.
- Now reconnect your WiFi-enabled device to the N300 extender's Netgear_ext SSID.
In this manner, you'll be able to enable Netgear FastLane Technology on your N300 WiFi range extender.
If you follow the aforementioned steps carefully, you won't face any issues while trying to enable Netgear FastLane Technology on your N300 extender. However, if you get stuck at any point, feel free to chat with our technical experts at any hour of the day.
We have the solution to all the issues you might be experiencing with your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender!