Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet. What to Do?
Why is my Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet? Why does my WiFi extender keep losing connection? How do I fix it? If such queries are messing your mind, you are not alone! Almost seven out of ten users run into the same issue. But let us tell you that you have found the right page. Here, you will find permanent fixes to get rid of this issue in a matter of minutes. Off we go.
Why My Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet?
In case your Netgear WiFi extender won't connect to internet, then one of the following reasons is the culprit behind the issue:
- There is an issue with your WiFi range extender/router or the device you are using such as mobile, laptop, or computer.
- The device is not correctly configured with your wireless extender.
- Partial Netgear extender setup.
- Outdated firmware on Netgear extender or router.
- Orange blinking light on the extender.
- Interference of electronic gadgets prevents your extender from connecting to the internet.
- Your extender and router are not connected properly.
- If your Netgear extender is not placed correctly, you may come across the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue.
- The network adapter shows no or poor connection status.
- Enabled pop-up blockers, cache, and cookies are some other reasons which make your Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet.
One of the above-mentioned reasons is there to push you into the Netgear WiFi extender won't connect to internet error. Now, let's make you aware of the relevant troubleshooting tips to fix the issue without any hassle.
Fix: WiFi Extender Won't Connect to Internet
Let's have a quick glance at the troubleshooting tips to rectify the 'Netgear WiFi extender won't connect to internet' issue:
- Be certain that you have a healthy working status of modem, router, as well as computer in terms of hardware.
- Place your Netgear WiFi range extender and router far from noise-creating, signals-reflecting, and radio-waves transmitting devices. These include microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, fish tanks, etc.
- Check the status of LEDs on your extender. The LEDs should not be amber or orange.
- Reboot the entire network. This means to reboot your wireless extender, router, computer, tablet, and mobile and check if this helps you fix the WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue.
- Access mywifiext web-based page and check whether your extender's firmware is up-to-date. If not, update your WiFi extender firmware.
- Double-check the cable connections. All of the wired connections should be accurate and finger-tight.
- Verify if the Ethernet cable you are using is in a good working condition.
- Don't use a damaged wall outlet to plug in your Netgear range extender.
- The extender should get constant power supply from the electrical socket.
- Set up your Netgear wireless extender properly.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
None of the above-mentioned basic troubleshooting tips fixed the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue for you? Don't feel out of luck! You are still on the blooming side. Go through the advanced troubleshooting tips highlighted underneath and get the issue fixed:
- Power cycle your Netgear wireless range extender and try again to connect it to the internet.
- If the device is still not connecting, check if the extender is broadcasting its SSID or not.
- Thereafter, use a cable to connect your range extender.
- Keep in mind that you are choosing the right SSID to connect your extender.
In this manner, you can get rid of the Netgear extender won't connect to internet problem. However, if the issue is still there, factory reset your Netgear extender once and try connecting it again. In case resetting doesn't fix the issue for you, contact our experts and get the issue resolved within minutes.