An All-Inclusive Guide to Perform Netgear EX6200 Setup
Netgear EX6200 extenders provide a reliable internet connection to all wired and wireless devices such as computers, media players, and mobile devices as well as help you in extending the existing WiFi range to every corner of your home or workplace. Performing Netgear EX6200 setup is easy, but at times, users face issues during the process. If you are also new to the concept of setting up a wireless range extender, then this post is written for you. Here, we have explained three different methods you can use to configure the Netgear EX6200 extender in your home and access a seamless internet connection. So, read on.
Different Methods to Perform Netgear EX6200 Setup
Listed below are the three methods that will help you in installing the Netgear EX6200 range extender:
- WPS Method
- Manual Method
- Using Nighthawk App
1. Netgear EX6200 Setup Using WPS Method
WPS or WiFi Protected Setup is the easiest method to configure a range extender. Here’s how to install your Netgear EX6200 extender using the WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear EX6200 extender into a wall socket.
- Power up the device.
- Locate the WPS button on your WiFi extender.
- Once found, press and release it.
- Now, change the location of your EX6200 extender.
That’s it! In this way, you’ll be able to configure the Netgear EX6200 extender using the WPS method. If you follow the aforementioned instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to enjoy a high-speed internet connection in every nook and cranny of your home.
2. Netgear EX6200 Setup via Manual Method
In this method, you need to access the mywifiext setup wizard to set up your Netgear range extender. Follow the guidelines outlined below and learn how to perform extender setup using the manual method:
- Power up your Netgear EX6200 extender.
- Connect the extender to the router using an Ethernet cable. If you want, you can also connect your devices wirelessly.
- Get hold of your computer and launch an internet browser on it.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar of the internet browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear extender administrative page will welcome you.
- When prompted, enter the default login credentials of your Netgear EX6200 extender.
- Click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
So, in this manner, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear EX6200 setup using the Manual method. In case you get stuck at any point during the process, don’t give yourself a second thought and get in touch with our technical experts.
3. Netgear EX6200 Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you are looking for a way to configure the Netgear EX6200 range extender using your mobile device, opt for the Nighthawk application. The Nighthawk app works on both Android and Apple devices. Also, it’s quite easy to use.
Here’s how you can use the Nighthawk app to set up Netgear EX6200 extender:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once found, tap Download and wait patiently for the app to get installed on your device.
- As soon as the application gets installed, create a Netgear account using your full name, email address, and password.
- Log in to your Netgear EX6200 extender using the default username and password.
- Tap Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts displayed on Netgear Genie setup wizard.
Once you are done performing Netgear EX6200 setup using the Nighthawk app, you can connect as many devices with the extender’s network as you want.
Although the aforementioned guidelines will help you perform Netgear EX6200 setup, however, if you come across any technical issues during the process, don’t hesitate to reach out to our technical experts. They will definitely be able to help you with setting up your wireless device.