Want to Change WiFi Speed of Netgear Extender? Let's Help!
Looking for a guide to change WiFi speed of your Netgear extender? Well, changing the speed of your Netgear range extender can help you optimize the internet-usage experience. You will be able to play online games and watch online movies effortlessly by connecting client devices to the extender's Netgear_ext SSID. Here are the guidelines explaining how to change the Netgear extender's WiFi speed.
Steps to Change WiFi Speed of Netgear Extender
- Plug your Netgear range extender into a power source.
- Press the Power button on your Netgear extender.
- Wait for the LED light to become solid green.
- Once the power LED stabilizes, create a connection between your Netgear extender and router.
- Now, switch on your desktop.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- Move the cursor to the URL field.
- Type the default web address of your Netgear range extender in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- When welcomed by the official login screen of Netgear extender, type the default admin details in the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will see the Netgear range extender setup wizard.
- Here, select the Settings tab.
- Click the WiFi menu.
- A window displaying the WiFi settings of your Netgear range extender will come into view.
- To change WiFi speed, select the speed of your choice from the WiFi Speed menu.
- Click the Save button.
- The changes you have made to your Netgear range extender will become effective.
That's how you can change WiFi speed of your Netgear wireless extender. However, if you find yourself in any problem while executing the process, get in touch with our experts immediately or keep reading.
Fixed: Can't Change WiFi Speed of Extender
- Start by checking the power sockets into which your Netgear extender, the host router, and desktop are plugged. Is any of the wall sockets damaged? Yes? This is where the problem started. To change WiFi speed of your extender successfully, either repair the damaged wall outlet or change it.
- Is your Netgear range extender placed in a well-ventilated room? Or it is hidden inside a cupboard? If the second question has a vote, then you have selected the wrong location for your Netgear device. In that scenario, consider relocating it. During the extender's relocation, ensure that it is not placed anywhere near devices emitting electromagnetic frequencies, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, or thick concrete walls.
- The connection between your range extender and the host router has a prominent role to play when it comes to changing the extender's WiFi speed. But, it looks like you acted carelessly while connecting your WiFi devices. No matter whether you have connected them using an Ethernet cable or a wireless source, the connection needs to be firm.
- Have you installed an antivirus software on your PC to safeguard it from potential threats? Well, it is a pretty good idea to keep security vulnerabilities at bay. But, know that antivirus software tends to halt access to various networking sites including www.mywifiext.net.
- Do not type the default web address of your Netgear range extender in the search bar of the web browser. Type it in the URL bar instead. Apart from that, avoid committing typos while doing so.
- Like the aforementioned factors, an outdated web browser might also not allow you to change WiFi speed of your Netgear extender. Thus, upgrade the web browser to its latest version to get the issue resolved at hand. Also, delete excess files by navigating to its settings.
- The default password and username of your Netgear range extender are case-sensitive. Thus, they need to be typed correctly to get success in changing the extender's WiFi speed. However, it is advised to use the new login credentials if the default ones have been customized.
- Make sure that the firmware of your Netgear range extender is updated. If not, then update it by accessing the Netgear WiFi extender setup wizard and see if you are able to change WiFi speed of the device.
- Lastly, do not switch off your Netgear extender, the host router, or desktop throughout the process.
In the Nutshell
Changing the WiFi speed of the Netgear extender helps you attain maximum internet speed. Hopefully, the guidelines and troubleshooting tips discussed above will help you change WiFi speed of the extender in a hassle-free way. However, our experts are on their toes to help you if you are still experiencing issues while executing the process.