How to Connect to Netgear Genie Setup?
Netgear offers a smart setup wizard to help users install the WiFi extender in a hassle-free manner. With Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, even a novice user can also install a Netgear WiFi extender with great ease. The Genie wizard provides on-screen step-by-step instructions for extender installation and configuration.
In order to complete the Netgear extender setup, you first need to connect to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. And for that, you need to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Connect the Netgear WiFi extender to the power adapter using a cable.
- Insert the power adapter of your WiFi range extender into a working outlet.
- Press the Power button on your WiFi device and connect it to the WiFi router.
- It is recommended that you connect your devices with an Ethernet cable.
- Then, switch on your computer or laptop and connect it to the extender's network.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- The web browser will automatically lead you to the Netgear Genie setup page.
Now, simply follow the on-screen steps given on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard and configure your Netgear wireless range extender.
However, if the web browser doesn't automatically open the Netgear Genie setup wizard, then you need to access it manually. Thus, follow the steps mentioned below to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard by using the Manual Method:
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser.li>
- Hit the Enter key to proceed further.
- On the login window, enter the default admin user ID and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Not sure about the default login credentials? Refer to the user manual that came along with your WiFi device.
- Hitting Log In will open the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard for you.
In case you are still unable to access the Netgear Genie smart setup page, get in touch with our experienced technical experts now!
Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard Steps
Once you get connected to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, it provides you the following on-screen steps:
- Wait for some time until the Netgear Genie setup detects the available WiFi networks.
- Select the SSID or network name that you want to extend.
- Click on the Continue button.
- On the off chance, if the network has enabled wireless security function, you have to enter the security key to connect to it.
- In the case of dual-band routers, select the 5 GHz network and hit Next.
- Once the extender starts connecting to the router, the Netgear Genie setup wizard will prompt you to change your WiFi range extender's settings.
- You can skip this step by hitting the Continue button.
- Thereafter, connect to your WiFi extender's network.
- At last, hit the Finish button to exit the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
In this way, you can install your WiFi range extender using the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. In case of any technical error, feel free to get connected with our technicians.
Are Netgear Genie App And Netgear Genie Setup Wizard Same?
In a word, NO! The Netgear Genie app is meant to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your home WiFi network using your mobile device. On the other hand, the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard allows you to install your WiFi range extender without any hassle. Not only this, but the Netgear Genie setup wizard is also used to modify the settings of an already installed WiFi extender.
The Netgear Genie app is available to download and use for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Once done with the Netgear Genie download, one can set up parental controls, access the network map, enable guest access, and a lot more.
Features of Netgear Genie App
Let's have a quick glance at the features that Netgear Genie app offers:
- Set up a guest network for your friends and family members
- Run a speed test on your home network
- View and edit the existing WiFi settings
- Access the Network Map to monitor the connected devices to your network
- The Netgear Genie app lets you know how fast your system can download the website content
- Get access to numerous tools like Computer Profile, Trace Route, DNS Lookup, and Ping
- With Traffic Meter, you can check your internet usage
- Use My Media to play media on devices on your home network
- Set up or manage parental controls
Steps for Netgear Genie Download
In order to get access to all the above-mentioned amazing features, you first need to complete the Netgear Genie download by following the step-by-tep guidelines mentioned below.
Download Netgear Genie App on iPhone or iPad:
- Unlock you mobile device and open the App Store.
- Type Netgear Genie in the search bar.
- From the appearing search results, select the Netgear Genie app.
- Tap on the Download button.
- Now, wait for some time for the application to get installed.
- Now, return to the home screen of your iOS device.
- The Netgear Genie app should be visible on the home screen.
- Tap on the Netgear Genie app icon to open it.
- Now, you can run the Netgear Genie app and explore its awesome features.
Netgear Genie Download on Android:
If you own an Android device, then the below-mentioned instructions will help you for Netgear Genie download
- Switch on your phone and go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.li>
- For Netgear Genie download, tap on the Download button.
- Accept the terms and conditions to continue with the Netgear Genie download.
- Wait until the application gets installed properly.
- Do not perform any background activities while the app is getting installed.
- You can find the Netgear Genie app under your other Apps on the home screen.
- Now, launch the app by tapping on its icon.