How to Connect to Netgear Genie Setup?
Netgear offers a smart setup wizard to help users install the WiFi extender in a hassle-free manner. With Netgear Genie setup wizard, even a novice user can also install the extender with great ease. The Genie wizard provides on-screen step-by-step instructions for extender installation and configuration.
So, in order to complete your Netgear extender setup, you first need to connect to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. And for that, walk through the instructions mentioned below:
- Insert the power adapter of your WiFi range extender into a working outlet.
- After turning on the extender, switch on your computer or laptop.
- Don't forget to connect the extender to your existing router.
- Now, open a web browser.
- The web browser automatically takes you to the Netgear Genie setup page.
Now, simply follow the on-screen steps given on the setup wizard and set up and configure your Netgear wireless range extender.
However, if the web browser doesn't automatically open the Netgear Genie setup wizard, then you need to access the wizard manually by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Type mywifiext.net in the browser's address bar.
- Hit the Enter key.
- On the login window, enter the admin user ID and password.
- Clicking on the Log In button will open the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard for you.
In case you are still unable to access the Netgear Genie setup page, get in touch with our technical experts now!
Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard Steps
Once you get connected to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, it provides you the following on-screen steps:
- Wait for some time until the Netgear Genie setup detects the available WiFi networks.
- Select the SSID or network name you want to extend.
- Hit Continue.
- On the off chance if the network has enabled wireless security function, you have to enter the security key to connect to it.
- In the case of dual-band routers, select the 5 GHz network and click on the Continue button.
- Once the extender starts connecting to the router, the Netgear Genie setup wizard will prompt you to change your WiFi extender's settings.
- You can skip this step by hitting the Continue button.
- Thereafter, connect to your WiFi extender's network.
- At last, hit the Finish button to exit the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
That's how you can install your WiFi range extender using the Netgear Genie setup. In case of any technical error, feel free to get connected with our experienced technicians.
Are Netgear Genie App And Netgear Genie Setup Wizard Same?
In a word, NO! The Netgear Genie app is meant to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot your home WiFi network using your mobile device. On the other hand, the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard allows you to install your extender easily. Not only this but the Netgear Genie setup wizard is also used to modify the settings of an already installed extender.
Netgear Genie app is available to download and use for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. Once done with the Netgear Genie download, one can set up parental controls, access the network map, enable guest access, and a lot more.
Features of Netgear Genie App
Let's have a quick glance at the features that Netgear Genie app offers:
- Set up a guest network for your friends and family members
- Run a speed test on your home network
- View and edit the existing WiFi settings
- Access the Network Map to monitor the connected devices to your network
- The Netgear Genie app lets you know how fast your system can download the website content
- Get access to numerous tools like Computer Profile, Trace Route, DNS Lookup, and Ping
- With Traffic Meter, you can check your internet usage
- Use My Media to play media on devices on your home network
Steps for Netgear Genie Download
In order to get access to all the above-mentioned amazing features, you first need to complete the Netgear Genie download by following the steps below.
Download Netgear Genie App on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the App Store.
- Type Netgear Genie in the search bar.
- From the appearing search results, select the Netgear Genie app.
- Tap on the Free App button.
- The app downloads.
- Now, return to the home screen of your iOS device.
- The Netgear Genie mobile app should be visible on the home screen.
- Tap on the Netgear Genie app icon to open it.
Netgear Genie Download on Android:
If you own an Android device, go through the following instructions for Netgear Genie download:
- Open Google Play and look for the Netgear Genie app.
- Once found, tap on the Download button.
- Accept the terms and conditions to continue with the Netgear Genie download.
- Wait until the app gets installed properly.
- You can find the Netgear Genie app under Apps in the home screen.
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon.
Whether you are facing any technical error with the Netgear Genie setup wizard or using the Netgear Genie app, remember to contact our well-versed technicians anytime.